Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rough Grade

They came. They scraped. Tomorrow they smooth and gravel.



There still may be time to plant a few things before winter sets in ... if I don't get to caught up in building.



A new bed will take shape next to the cozy cabin. It will need a thick layer of wood chip mulch and careful thought given to the thick sheets of snow that can slide off the roof. Thump!



What a relief. I no longer have to look at the exposed sewer line. What shall I plant here?



Or in this old pot that followed me home?



There will be another winter to mull things over.



And to dream about strolling down new garden paths.

6 comments:

Pam/Digging said...

It's looking really nice, Christopher. Like home.

Lola said...

Just about done with drive.
What do you plan to plant?
Another pleasant path to stroll. That is great.
Let us see the end result. It's looking really nice, can't wait for move in. Maybe a sleep over before it gets too cold.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

My heart would be racing looking at those newly scraped areas just waiting to be planted. It is like looking at a fresh canvas ready for a painting. The driveway looks long in this photo. I have one of those old concrete planters. I have had it for many years. I wonder how many years this style has been made. I think they are still making them.

Anonymous said...

I've been off and just reviewed a week's worth of posts in a row. All I can say is, WOW. Just spectacular, inside and out.

bev

Kathy said...

Hello Christopher, Fall is just getting started there and here most of the leaves have dropped. Did you plant those narcissus bulbs I gave you at Buffa10?

Christopher C. NC said...

Thanks Pam. It's getting close.

Lola I think the bed next to the cabin wil be very zen because of the snow that slides off the roof. I'm thinking.

Lisa my heart is racing and I have been out there smoothing and tidying. The driveway is about 180 feet long to the back of the cabin. To long to shovel.

It does feel like it is all coming together now Bev.

Hi Kathy. Yes I planted those narcissus and now I do not remember where. Maybe with the other Poeticus narcissus? I think. Maybe. I'll remember come spring.