Friday, January 29, 2010

The Big Snow Has Arrived

I lost track of time. It seemed to have begun snowing much earlier than predicted. Within twenty minutes of the snow starting, the ground was covered in white. It was already frozen so no melting could happen before the stickage began.



I was absorbed in the intricacies of the more difficult beginning of the tongue and groove ceiling. It really wasn't that hard and I am now above the rafters and the floor level of the mini loft.



I am above the rafters and the floor level of the mini loft on both sides. I even ran two more courses of boards on this side than what is in this picture.

The snow was really piling up. It was beginning to get dark and I was getting tired and decided to call it quits for the day. Boy was I surprised it was 5:30 when I got back to the resident gardeners house.



It started out snowing hard and has continued to snow hard.



By the time I got back there was easily two inches of snow on the ground.



As I have dinner and click publish we are close to four inches of snow and it is still coming down. It's gonna be a big one.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to let a faucet drip.
Sallysmom

Christopher C. NC said...

Sallysmom the cold cold as in a low of 9 is not supposed to arrive until after the snow. I'll still leave a faucet dripping with the lows in the 20's and have filled all my milk jugs full of water.

The special weather statement is scary. It says "Do Not Venture Out." I sure hope all the trees that could come crashing down already have.

Benjamin Vogt said...

I was checking in, curious to see how bad it really was after seeing it on tv. Keep in down south, I say. We've already had two 12" blizards this winter. Your turn.

Anonymous said...

Your power is commanded to stay ON.

bev

Christopher C. NC said...

Benjamin this could well be my second 12 inch plus blizzard of the winter. It will be your turn again next go round.

Bev so far so good. I even have water and wood stored this time.

Lola said...

Time does seem to fly as we are so engrossed in what we enjoy. It's looking good, Christopher.
Do stay in where it's warm. Hope the kitties are ok.

lisa said...

I've been watching that storm on the radar, hoping you might somehow escape the worst of it (plus I wanted some snow for myslef :) Good thing you stocked up first!

Les said...

They are even forecasting a foot here, which is a once in 15 year event for us. We woke up to 3" and it is really coming down.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your ceiling is going to be great. I hope your electric stays on and water continues to flow.

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! I called my house and my answering machine and it answers ... power is still on! I hope that means yours is too!!! I'm so happy for you that you have productive indoor activities to occupy your time while the white stuff is falling outside. I LOVE tht ceiling of yours! That cozy cabin is going to be awesome and it is so close to completion...you must be so happy. Enjoy the snow because it is so beautiful. Just remember spring is around the corner!