Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Fluffiest Snow Of The Season

Are you sick of snow pictures yet? I am.


























But there is no denying how incredibly beautiful it was when I woke up this morning.


























This last 24 hour long round of snow was the lightest and fluffiest snow you can imagine. It is the kind snow that sparkles and glitters with such an intensity, the stars at night dim just to watch the snow shine. That happens when the highs are like 13 and the lows are about 8.


























You get super fluffy, but kitties still don't want to play in deep snow. I've watched them dive in and get stuck.


























Shoveling went quickly. Now I need some sunshine and melting.




















I'll be satisfied with the reemergence of a gravel driveway. I need to get out. I need more baked goods.




















The sun made an appearance. The warmth was a bit lacking.




















Think that path is wide enough to get a few appliances down to the cabin?

Nobody knows the shoveling I've done
I scoop up I scoop down
I scoop pretty close to the ground
Oh yes Lord, Nobody knows the shovelin' I've done




















So its best to look for entertainment while shoveling.





















It's best to look for beauty in the seemingly mundane.




















Oh yes Lord, I gots more shovelin' to do.

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This looks like a daunting task to me. I think I would go inside and cover up. It sure is beautiful.

Siria said...

Every day you post pictures I think how beautiful they are, but THESE are the most spectacular pictures yet! I'm with Lisa ~ I'd stay inside ~ and bake some baked goods. I think you need to learn how. It is much easier than shoveling! And the end result is pretty good too.

Lola said...

Not tired of snow pics yet. But I do know it is an inconvenience.
That sparkle doesn't happen very often. It is pretty.
I don't think that path is quite wide enough. lol
Poor kitties, getting stuck is no fun.
Yes, try baking something. You may surprise yourself.
Take care & stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Is that a cat in pic #6?
Sallysmom

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I need appliances. I must shovel. I delayed them til Wednesday though.

Siria I do make an excellent assistant chef/baker. On my own the results are always a little inferior.

Lola the sparkle was just amazing with this snow.

That's a cat Sallysmom.