Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Siberolina

Relentless, that is the only way to describe it. Relentless. And Cold. And Windy. The snow just keeps coming.





















But I was out there shoveling the old and hardened snow drifts off the driveway, determined to escape soon, even if I have to repeat the process with a smaller stack of fresh fluffy snow.




















Maybe barberries have some redeeming feature. They stand out well in the relentless. Snow doesn't even want to rest on those spines.




















I think my major appliance delivery may have to wait a few days past the tentative delivery date of the 15th. It will take a couple days to shovel the drive and a couple more to melt the remnants. Unless they want to deliver by sled, nothin's goin' down that driveway anytime soon. It just keeps piling up.




















I'm encased in Siberolina.

6 comments:

Lola said...

That's a lot of snow for sure. Has it surpassed last yr?
I do hope you can get to town for much needed supplies.
Cold here but due for a couple warmer days.
Take care & stay warm.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola this winter I think we have had more snow, but last winter got colder and stayed colder for a longer time.

Siria said...

Hang in there Christopher! Enjoy the beauty of the snow ~ soon it will be gone and you can move forward on your kitchen. Stay safe and warm!

Christopher C. NC said...

Siria I was thinking if I had the proper gear, snow shoes, skis, water proof jackets and such I'd go for a stroll up the mountain across the byway and might not be so cranky.

Layanee said...

You need a tractor, Christopher. I see one in your future with a nice plow or blade on it. Keep warm in Siberolina.

Siria said...

I think snow shoes might be an appropriate house warming gift instead of gardening gear. :)