Saturday, January 1, 2011

New York Paris Tokyo Paia

I have decided the mini loft is going to be the library. That should be a good way to limit the stuff that lives up there to books. The tailgate of my first truck in the landscaping business also found a nice home. Datsun blue is eerily close to the blue of the main loft. It was a great way to create flow and pull that color out of the loft into the rest of the space.




















I'm not going to win any awards for fine carpentry, but all the windows are now trimmed and the ugly drywall seams are hidden. The baseboards and little bit of wall trim in the lofts is all that is left of that process.


























We are having a heatwave. It has been close to fifty degrees and raining all day. The snow is nearly no more. This is what a southern winter is supposed to be like. Pretty snow followed by a rapid melt.




















It is time to chose some appliances. Maybe I can get them down the driveway before it gets buried in snow again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the tailgate - perfect! Of course I am revealing that I am old enough to remember Dat-sooon's.

Your decorating instincts are impeccable.

bev

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It always pays off using what appeals to you in your home. Will the tailgate drop down so you have a nice table upstairs if you need it?? I have known several Datsun Pickups. Amazing how those little trucks helped so many people for so long.

Christopher C. NC said...

Bev Impeccable taste, doubtful. Eclectic taste, guilty. I do love my tailgate.

Now that is an idea Lisa. Beyond my engineering abilities though. I do think a comfy pillow like chair may appear up there one day.

Lola said...

Love the tailgate. Desk is a good idea. Maybe a good beanbag for seating would work. I remember them.
Warmer here too.

Siria said...

Wow ~ love that tailgate! You are so clever! Enjoy that warm weather and hope it lasts a while for you.

chuck b. said...

Paia, a cute little town where I had breakfast once!