Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trust Me

I've been making progress. Everything just looks the same.

The washing machine is hooked up. The refrigerator side of the ice maker water line is hooked up and it's plugged in. The stove has been converted to using LP gas and is ready for the final hook up. The gas company will be called to do all the final hookups of the gas appliances, furnace and water heater and run another leak test.

I have contemplated the venting for the new range hood and dryer and am familiarizing myself with all the parts. Measurements were taken for the counter tops. I'll look at the dishwater shortly.

More cold and snow is on the way, so I'll probably do my electric double check before I start cutting holes through the walls for vents.

It's coming along.



I've also been moving out of the resident gardeners house a few boxes at a time. I'm still aiming for a first of April move in date. By then the world will be snow free and turning green again. I will be able to turn my attention and spare time to the garden to be. Some of it anyway.



Next winter more beginnings of a new garden will lie beneath the snow. I imagine it will look much the same next winter though. Maybe a little lumpier and the rubbish piles will be gone.



This big open space is the septic drain field. That will affect what can be planted. No trees and no large shrubs. I have contemplated and open, oval meadow/lawn of sorts. It can't really be lawn because it will be too shady, but I kind of like the idea of an open area in the center of the garden. Time will tell.



It has been a long while since I have worked on the walls. Those need finishing, another one needs stacking and at the least the patio area needs a layer of gravel. A stone floor may have to wait.



Oh sure, the cozy cabin will be done soon and then I can rest.

2 comments:

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! Yes, it will soon be finished, but knowing you, you won't be resting. There will always be projects and gardens to work on. All good things! Must make you very happy to see that light at the end of the tunnel. I love the sight of the cozy cabin with those beautiful walls you made. That patio will be a welcome refuge of rest come summer!

Lola said...

I totally agree with Siria. I couldn't have said it any better.
Take care, stay warm my friend.