Monday, January 3, 2011

I See Snowdrops

The birdbath wasn't cleaned after fall was finished and before winter set in. Gardy don't rake leaves here in the forest. Besides what's a bird going to do with a solid block of ice? The melt nearly complete came to a sudden halt. The world turned back to a solid.




















Winter is just beginning. I must keep that in mind. But there is hope. I see snowdrops.




















And lonely leftover piles of snow.




















Waiting for some company.

6 comments:

Lola said...

Good thing a birdie didn't try to have a drink or it may have just slid right on off. How do you keep the fountain from freezing.
Love those Snowdrops. Are the new ones showing signs yet?
Do stay warm.

chuck b. said...

Do the birds migrate away from the low spot of the Carolina mountaintop for the winter? Maybe go to Florida where it seems a lot warmer.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I'll have to check and see if the Snowflakes have come up. I think they are later bloomers though.

Chuck many birds do leave, but we have plenty of year round birds up here on the low spot. I think wild kitty migrated down hill before I left for Florida. He must have known a big one was a commin'.

Siria said...

Those poor birdies in that cold and windy weather! There were some nesting in my Cherry Laurel when the big snow came over Christmas and I would go out ever day and put a pile of seeds out under the bush for them. They seemed happy! Stay warm and keep busy. The time will fly by and before you know it, it will be April.

Anonymous said...

Oh those snowdrops!!! Be still my heart! Freeze, thaw, freeze thaw...ad nauseum.

Frances

Darla said...

Signs of Spring lift my spririts.