Wednesday, January 23, 2013

All Ready

The next round of winter is headed this way. There is a strong lean in the diagnosis towards freezing rain. I haven't done any significant freezing rain yet. We'll see how it goes.





















I may not see a temperature above 40 until Monday. With that kind of cold, a lean towards freezing rain and a wintry mix tossed in, I stocked up and plan to stay put. The best news in all this cold is that my pipes have not frozen. The additional heat tape I put in my insulated plumbing box seems to be working.





















I'll be building more book shelves while winter passes through. I stocked up on more lumber. The question will become will I be able to get them stained. Stain has optimum operating temperatures like paint and I'd prefer not to stain them inside. I certainly can't sand them inside.

I wonder if this poor cordyline is going to survive. It has now been exposed to 10 and is only rated hardy to the upper teens. I don't care about it enough to bring it in. Sadly it still looks fine.



























The world might look different coated in a thick layer of ice.



























I just hope it doesn't make doing my winter project impossible.

3 comments:

Heaven Scent said...

Hi Chritopher!
Stay warm in this new wave of cold coming! I love the shelves you built in your last post...they look great! The Minion did great!

Siria

Lola said...

Yes, the Minion did good. I hope you can get your projects done. Do stay warm, be careful.

Commonweeder said...

I am not building bookshelves, but I am reading a lot during our belo zero temeratures, which I enjoying as I think they are killing some of the invasive insects like emeral ash borers that are a problem around here.