Thursday, January 17, 2013

An Iris Before The Storm

Better get a picture of this iris while I can. An indeterminate amount of snow and cold was imminent. The fresh flower, faked into spring, isn't likely to endure.




















Snowdrops on the other hand will simply close up shop to bloom on a better day.





















On the fourth day of rain the fireplace mantel repair was complete. An executive decision about whether to paint the ornamental corbels was never made. For now they will remain white. They shouldn't be the same green I don't think.





















Finally, a steady monotonous rain converted into a thudding snow.





















The change was instantaneous.





















Now the snow falls and we wait. How much will it be?





















There is already a lot.





















Good thing I saw that iris before the storm.

6 comments:

Lola said...

I remember that delicate little flower. I'm so glad you got to see it before the storm.
Good job on the mantel.
It sure can change in a moment from rain to snow. It does look good. I miss the snow.

Lola said...

I looked again---do you see a face in the 5th pic? I see 2 eyes, the left half closed as to bear the storm. The other wide open for Spring or what ever comes it's way.

Christopher C. NC said...

I think I see a face if the second tree from the right is near the mouth/the nose. Looks a bit like a Praying mantis face.

Lola said...

Yep, we see alike. I'm watching the movie that has the little guy in it that holds onto the acorn. lol Brain freeze on the name at present.lol

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Saw on the news that a lot of Haywood Co. lost power, hope it isn't you!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Poor little iris. I am glad you were able to enjoy it while it was fresh. It worked hard for that bit of color. It deserved to be admired.