Friday, January 18, 2013

The Crushing Weight Of Three Inches Of Snow

The morning sun peeks over the mountain





















On three inches of wet snow that arrived like it slides off my steep metal roof .... with a thud.





















Less than expected, but better than none.





















It adorns baby evergreens that need to learn while they are young



























How to bend with the snow when it does finally come.





















When it warmed up a bit I went for a stroll.





















Up high in the mountains





















Where it is more sure to snow.




6 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Gorgeous!

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I will appreciate it from afar. :-) Great photos.

Christopher C. NC said...

Sunny and mid 40's so it will be mostly gone by tomorrow afternoon.

Lola said...

On my, nothing prettier than the sun shining on fresh snow. Gorgeous.
I am always partial to the object in # 6. Just wondering what the object is in pic #9. How is the old farm looking?
Training does need to be started while subject is young.
Stay warm.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola the box in pic #9 is a wooden box I made to cover the well head at the house next door. Not sure what you mean by the old farm.

Lola said...

The one that is abandoned that I liked so well. I believe it was on the left of the road & below.
With the temps going near freezing I hope things here will be ok. I didn't cover anything as I didn't realize it was to get so low.