Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lotsa Snow

About seven inches got added to the two from Monday.





















They were willing to walk on the shoveled paths for a short while.





















There's talk of another one to three inches Friday night onto Saturday morning.



















I haven't left the premises since Monday.





















I'm thinking a short escape tomorrow might be appropriate. Depending on the weather of course.



























I like to shovel before the snow gets heavy.





















And just to stretch my legs.















Spring is under there some where.





















The skies cleared just before sunset. Now a full moon is rising.



























Have you ever seen lotsa fresh snow in a full moon? It's very bright.

9 comments:

Dianne said...

I think we got just over 6 and yes, I am dreading the 3-6 in the forecast. Now, I gotta go look at the moon.

Lola said...

I've seen it also. Pretty. All of your looks great. Like the paths. lol

Barry said...

You got snow! It tends to stay put, at least. We are getting a two-storm week plus of rain, so we are on "Flood Watch" (cue the dramatic music!), with the river going from 6 feet on Sunday to about 19.5 feet tomorrow. My preparation so far has been to clean the gutters that I could reach (maybe half). No sandbags, just sit tight and hope the electricity holds on. Can't run down the dead-end road, so we will just stay warm and dry, and watch that river (film at Eleven!)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yes, when the moon is full and the ground is covered with snow it looks like dusk all night it is so bright. A beautiful scene.

JD said...

Glad you didn't lose power. When I first saw the " moon on the breast of the new fallen snow, gave a luster of mid day to objects below"... made me understand old verses better! jd

Christopher C. NC said...

Dianne maybe three inches worth will melt today.

Lola my paths help keep my feet dry.

Barry I hope your house is on higher ground. The west coast has been wanting water, just not all at once I suppose.

Lisa the moon was lovely last night.

Christopher C. NC said...

JD that describes it very well.

Swimray said...

Full moon on winter snow? Yes. It's out as I write this on our 6 inches of snow. The two combined invokes thoughts of a peppermint landscape for me.

Rebecca said...

Quite unbelievable, really....Very beautiful - though I can't imagine maneuvering up and down the mountains and hills to reach home.

We have OUR share here, but it is not quite the novelty as it is to y'all in the southern states. Even here, we've had enough! And for me, spring can't come soon enough.