Sunday, February 23, 2014

Plenty Snowdrops

The big patch of snowdrops was in full bloom on a sunny near seventy degree day.





















Dozens of smaller clumps are scattered around the north half of the ridge top garden, spread both by seed and the gardener.

The daffodils? Where are the daffodils? I saw a few more emerging clumps, but this is the latest liftoff of the daffodils I have seen or in this case not seeing. It's going to be late bulb season unless the weather turns hot.





















The first crocus bloomed today down at my place. Otherwise the crocus are also very slow to get going. Winter's return next week is only going to put all the bulbs back into the waiting mode.



























The rock part of the new stone wall is done. Now I just need bunches of empty wine bottles. I'll have to put out the word again.





















Then I took a three hour nap. Work work all week followed by two days of rock toting and certain creatures waking me three times in the night left me kind of tired.





















It was a bit of a shame to sleep away the second half of a beautiful day, but once I laid down it was lights out.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Love those Snowdrops & crocus. I believe in napping when the body says so. I also took one this afternoon. Rained hard here so not destroyed a good day for gardening.