Friday, February 14, 2014

Trudging Through The Snow

While We Can.

There is another storm massing at the border. It may start as rain tonight. That's fine. It will melt some snow before adding to the pile we already have. But tomorrow is going to be another snowy winter day.

Something has walked this way before. Perhaps it was Miss Collar. She stayed out when I escaped to town to restock the pantry. Then she didn't come home for vittles. I figured she might be snowed in and I best go fetch her.

I dragged the other two varmints along for the rescue.



























There is a lot of snow out there. The View is much improved since I chopped down the two big trees on the left side. I need my wood burning neighbor and his big chain saw to get the tree on the right.




















Another chore I need to tend to is that nasty lattice held up by cinder blocks behind the Blue Pot. Its hideous appearance has annoyed me forever. The delay is caused by the fact that stuff gets abandoned behind the lattice and a very nice coral honeysuckle vine is growing on it and through it. It's time to just do something more attractive. I can build a small mini-arbor and paint it bright yellow.





















As I suspected Miss Collar was parked next door. Her childhood home is still considered a safe place to hangout and hide if need be.





















Forced marches are pretty much the only way they will trudge through the snow for any length of time. If only I could get them to do their business in the snow. Three cats in one litter box in a tiny house is a pain.





















But next week I see spring in the diagnosis. There are suggested highs all the way up to 65. Let's hope it is a trend that sticks.

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The snow is too deep for them to squat outside. Poor little kitties. They will appreciate their warm little home when they get back.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I have watched Miss Collar who much prefers the outdoor facilities. She keeps digging looking for pay dirt and ends up in a way too deep hole and gives up.

Danna said...

Yes, a litter box inside with multiple cats is an experience.
You've mentioned Miss Collar.... What are the names of her cohorts?

Lola said...

Don't blame the kitties for not going outside. Even my doggy won't go out if it's raining. I make her go anyway.

Christopher C. NC said...

Danna the other beasts names are Button and Miss Dinah.

Lola I don't blame them. That's why I have a litter box inside for the winter only.