Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Eventual Effect

One day my three Witch Hazels will be this big and bloom like that.





















One day soon I will have gathered the wine bottles I need to finish off the new retaining wall for the improved path.





















I'm not completely sold on the glass bottles in the wall yet. It feels a little off. I have to finish it before I can be sure though. Finding enough rocks to do this part was easier than I had anticipated so switching out the glass bottles at a later time won't be much of a chore.





















One day in the future the under garden of winter will have more substance. The evergreen trees will grow to provide more screening from the scenic byway. Only glimpses will be available of that cozy cabin perched above the archeological excavation site with sweeping drifts of color and texture on the slope below.





















I need to plant the left side of the slope into the bigger picture even though that is a transition zone back into the forest. More Yucca filamentosa will help with that. I want to add the large sedum and Feather Reed Grass for more winter texture.

Eventually. I have the concept in my head. I'm just making it up and making do as I go along.

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I agree the bottles should go. Stone looks so much more substantial in this circumstance. The path is looking good.

Christopher C. NC said...

I'm afraid you are right Lisa. It was too cold to haul rocks today though. Maybe this weekend.

Lola said...

I agree with Lisa at Greenbow.