Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Melting

Is the hardest part of winter.

It may be sunny and warm enough, but you can't work in the garden when it is covered in wet slop. All you can do is wait.





















So I wait. Seeds of some native perennials I ordered are on the way. That will give me something to do. They will be sowed in flats and left out in the cold just as in nature. By mid summer I hope to have some nice sized seedling plants to add to the garden.





















Rain is melting snow while I wait.


3 comments:

Marsha M said...

What seeds did you order and where from? Will you put them out under the house or let them be snowed and rained on elsewhere?

Christopher C. NC said...

I ordered seeds from Prairie Moon Nursery. I will leave the trays out in the open to get rained and snowed on. Under the house would pretty much be the same, but with less direct moisture. I got: Baptisia alba (White Wild Indigo), Dalea purpurea (Purple Prairie Clover), Hydrastis canadensis (Goldenseal), Verbena hastata (Blue Vervain)and Veronicastrum virginicum (Culver's Root)

Lola said...

Melt away. More will come.