Tuesday, January 5, 2016

On A Cold Day - Winter Blooms

It most certainly did not reach my minimum operating temperature today. Short and sweet, I checked on all my streams and ponds, gathered dung and came right back home. Standing in sunshine among piles of dung, I could half heartedly pretend the minimum had been breached. The kitties said otherwise.





















Tomorrow will be warmer. Tomorrow evening the photo exhibit - Winter Blooms for the West Asheville Garden Stroll will be hung at the library meeting room/gallery. Saturday is the reception with beverages and light pupus. Come join us. The show runs through February 2nd.





















Garden owners who find a picture from their garden in the show get the framed picture for free at the end of the show. All the pictures are available for sale as framed reprints very reasonably priced at 15, 25 and 30 dollars depending on size. The proceeds go to WAGS seed money grants for community, garden related projects.

It will be most interesting to see if there will be any buyers in Asheville's saturated art market.



























After the opening on Saturday I will post a link to a slide show of an expanded version of the exhibit. I started with about 220 pictures, whittled that down to 66, then picked 45 from that group for the show.




















On a cold day, winter blooms. I don't even need an art show for that anymore.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend.

Lola said...

A fun weekend. Wish I could see it.