Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Sink Hole

One test hole. That went smoothly.



Four holes. Doing good.



The sink hole. That was much less traumatic than I anticipated.



And it fits on the first try.



The counter top was then fastened in place with screws. The sink edge was caulked and the clips tightened. It was easier cutting the sink hole than tightening the metal clips that hold the sink in place. The phillips screw heads were being ornery. But it is done and no damage occurred. Now the plumbing can be connected.



While a hole was being cut, glue was drying. I added the same faux molding on the lower cabinet side to match the cabinet door faces.



This was a good place to stop before the next process begins. It is good to leave time to take a stroll and see what the warm sun had been up to.

I see Bluebells.



And the Snowdrops. Plenty Snowdrops.



A sense of momentum becomes more palpable. This will be a spring to remember.

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Congrats on getting your sink cut in without any drama. It is nice that the drama is building outside.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your spring and ours. It's beginning.

Congrats on the sink hole. You had me for a moment.~~Dee

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I so love it when things go smoothly.

No not that kind of sinkhole Dee. If I was in Florida maybe. The winter spell is broken, but I know we will get zapped again. That's just the way it is.

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! Congratulations, your kitchen is almost complete and looking gorgeous! You make it look so easy to make that hole for the sink! It's nice that the weather is beginning to turn and you are able to spend some time time enjoying the garden as it comes alive.

Lola said...

Congrats, I knew you could do it. It looks great. Almost done.
Glad you had a chance to see some more of the garden coming alive.

Annie in Austin said...

Congrats from me, too. Christopher, Philo just looked over my shoulder & we think the previous owner of our house went to HD for our counters. They seem quite similar.
Not sure if you can see this photo from my blog but it's a dish of coriander seed on the countertop. We both cook & so far it has been plenty tough!